Ashtin 1

Ashtin 1

Saturday, April 14, 2012

When in Roma... ;)

I'm back!

Oh my goodness! I cannot believe it's seriously been close to two months since I've updated my blog! I will slowly try to make a post of the highlights. So much has been happening :). Despite missing my family, I'm loving being here. I'm definitely more in a routine now. I'm loving seeing God work :)

I'll start with a post about my trip to Rome, Italy. I loved Rome so much. There's no way I could express that in a blog. It has seriously been the highlight of my trip. I stayed in Rome for 3 nights and 4 days. I roomed with my lovely roommate, Courtney. Literally, I would be sleeping, some car would wake me up in the middle of the night, I'd wake up, smile, and say, "I'm in Rome.", and go back to sleep lol. Here's a little snap shot of our room.

It felt surreal being in Rome. I've read the book of Romans so many times. To think that that Paul was referring to the city I was standing in was so amazing. I'm always been fascinated with Roman history. I still can't believe I was able to see the things I saw. The most exciting part of the trip was the Colosseum for me. I've always been fascinated with gladiators. I got to walk inside and just see the ruins. I'm still dumbfounded at how awesome it was.

The Trevi Fountain was another huge sight for me,

along with other ruins scattered around Rome and beautiful buildings...

Palace

 On the Roman bridge
 Pantheon
 Roman Pyramid
 "Wedding Cake" haha
 Random Ruins
More Ruins













One place that was surprisingly wonderful was Vatican City. I was able to hear the Pope give his Sunday address. I also went in to St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican Museum. Favorite part? Sistine Chapel... No pictures were allowed, but will forever be an experience I hold dear.




What's the first thing people ask when you mention Italy...."How was the food?????" haha... So... some snapshots of food. The food was so amazing. Pasta and bread was soooo light yet filling. Makes me wonder how exactly we get it so wrong in America lol.

Sweets! Tons of Gelato and Cannoli


Dinner with Friends :) Found some cute hole-in-the-wall restaraunts (the best kind!)



Bruschetta (left)










(Bottom) Tortellini, Shrimp Risotto, and Smoked Salmon Pizza



The rest of the trip was pure perfection (except for my feet feeling like they were literally going to fall off...). I would love to post some final pictures, but I'm at an internet cafe and they're computer isn't letting me lol... BUT I have tons on facebook :) Look for some more posts very soon.



2 comments:

  1. Oy!!!! Love these pics and so excited for you! Please keep blogging...I'm living through you ;)

    ReplyDelete